A landing page is a standalone page of your website designed for a marketing campaign to get visitors to complete a call to action.
Visitors “land” on the landing page after clicking on an email link, a Google or social ad, or some other link on the internet.
Here are some interesting statistics about landing pages:
- The average landing page conversion rate across all industries is 9.7%.
- Businesses using optimization software for their landing pages see an average conversion lift of 30%.
- Addressing buyer pain points and challenges on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- Personalized calls to action convert 202% better than default versions.
- Landing pages have the highest conversion rate among the different types of sign-up forms at 23%.
The difference between a landing page and the homepage of your website is that your landing page’s only goal is to drive conversion rates, whereas your homepage provides general information about your business and helps visitors navigate your website.
Landing pages typically ask visitors to sign up for business newsletters or text messages, enter their contact information, make a purchase, be added to a mailing list, etc.
Redirecting your visitors to a landing page after interacting with one of your links or ads is more effective for conversions because it’s easier for them to understand the action you want them to complete.
With minimal distractions on the landing page and compelling copy that aligns with the campaign, ad, and audience, you are more likely to get a positive response to your landing page than to redirect them to your website homepage or another page on your website.
There are a few different types of landing pages:
- Squeeze page.
- Splash page.
- Lead capture page.
- Click-through landing page.
- Get started landing page.
- Unsubscribe landing page.
- Long-form sales landing page.
- Paid advertising landing page.
- 404 landing page.
- About us landing page.
- Coming soon page.
- Pricing page.
- Thank you landing page.
If you need help creating a landing page that aligns with your marketing campaigns and audience that can skyrocket your conversions, contact us today.