Usability is a measure of how well users of a website, app, or product can interact with the interface to achieve a defined goal effectively and efficiently.
Usability is a component of an overall user experience design and is vital for producing exceptional customer experiences.
Here are some important considerations about usability:
- 88% of online shoppers say they wouldn’t return to a website after having a bad user experience.
- 70% of failed online businesses failed because of bad usability.
- 53% of mobile site visitors leave a page that takes longer than three seconds to load.
- People form 75% of their opinion on a website’s credibility based on its aesthetics.
A product or interface with good usability should contain the following elements:
- Effectiveness â€“ users should be able to accurately navigate to where they want to go and complete their desired action.
- Efficiency â€“ users should be able to easily complete tasks and navigate the product or interface.
- Engagement â€“ users should have a pleasant experience with the product or interface.
- Error tolerance â€“ users should be notified of errors when navigating the produce or interface and be able to easily recover from errors. The product or interface should be accurate in displaying errors.
- Ease of learning â€“ new users can navigate the website and accomplish goals easily.
Designers are responsible for considering usability features when designing a product or interface, such as an app or website.
They have to think about:
- Navigational menus and features.
- Familiarity of the features and interface.
- Consistency between website pages.
- Error prevention.
- The visual clarity of each website page.
- Flexibility and efficiency for users to complete actions easily.
- User feedback collection.
If you need help designing or improving the usability of your digital marketing assets to provide an optimized user experience for your visitors, contact us today.